With summer right around the corner, it is time to start registering your children for the full day program. We want to increase participation so we added more fun crafts, activities, and projects to our days. We are opening the doors to anyone age 4 and up. If you have any questions please call us during our office hours 3-6pm Monday through Friday.
NOTICE: News on After School Pricing
The days are slowly getting longer and the kids are enjoying being outside more. We had a board meeting on the first of the month and dove deep in some discussion about the after school program. Due to the increase in overhead cost and wanting to provide great care for your children, we will be increasing the after school program days to $5 per child starting March 15th. To give you some time to adjust to the new pricing we are offering the chance to lock in $4 per day if you pay before March 15th for additional days. You can prepay to the end of the 2016 school year, but please realize once March 15th is here you can no longer purchase days for $4. We hope you will understand and want to make the program better for your children.
We have sports sign ups approaching quickly. For indoor soccer PK-2nd grade the registration is February 15-25th and registration for baseball and softball is February 29th-March 25th. Don’t forget that the first week of all registrations gets you $10 off when you register and pay.
Full Day Care (non-school days)
There are two non-school days this month; February 12th and 15th. We will have all day care on both of these days. The cost is $20 per day with a sibling discount of $13. Sign up now or drop off your kiddos from 6:45-6pm on the full days.
Mark Your Calendars— Annual Auction April 23rd
We have our annual auction coming up April 23rd. We are always looking for donations and would love to have parent involvement this year. If you would like to get some donation letters or sell tickets/tables to attend please come by the club and get them. We would love to have you attend as well. The tickets are $25 and a table that seats 6 is $300. This year’s theme is Hula! You are provided a wonderful meal!
Welcome to the first newsletter of 2016 for the Scio Youth Club. We are looking forward to 2016 and what it holds. December was a great month for the Scio Youth Club. The fist through fourth graders finished up their basketball season and we had a successful winter break all-day program.
- January 18 and 29th are non school days. The club will be open 6:45 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Registration is open now and the pricing is $20 per day with a sibling discount of $13.
- January 22nd is the last date to ask for an after school tax paper to show how much you paid for child care in 2015. We have a signup sheet at the youth club. These will be handed out or mailed by January 29th.
- February 15th starts early registration for indoor soccer. This is open to grades PK-4th. Please sign up online or at the club no later than March 4th. The first week of registration is always early registration which gets you $10 off.
- April is our Annual Auction. If you would like to attend please start thinking about purchasing a seat or table. We will be serving a full dinner and it is always fun. If you would like to donate an item to be placed in the silent or live auction please email or call us. We are taking donations now.
- Are you looking for the 5/6th grade basketball game schedules? Look under the basketball tab and click the links to be taken to an updated game schedule.
- The after school program strives to run off of a prepaid system. This helps us purchase crafts, employ staff, and purchase new equipment regularly. We send out weekly reminders of open balances and give you a notice when you are running low on prepaid days by email or a paper note.
- The after school program is free to all students from 3:20-4:15 p.m. We do weekly crafts, free-play days, and supervised activities. We also have 20 minutes of homework time and serve snack daily.
- You can find out about current events through the monthly newsletter, the Scio Youth Club website, and our facebook page. We work hard to keep everything updated. We do not mail registration reminders or forms, but we will tell you about upcoming sports and events via email, newsletter, website, and on facebook.
We hope you have a great January and we look forward to sending out the February newsletter.
The Scio Youth Club Staff
News for the month of December:
- 5-6 grade basketball sign ups are now until 12/11
- save $10 buy signing up and paying by 12/4
- please only sign up for one sport at a time
- 5-6 grade basketball needs sponsors and coaches, if interested please contact the club.
- Winter Break is approaching. Register now to save your spot in the all day program.
- Open 12/21 through 12/23 and 12/28 through 12/30
- Closed December 24, 25, 31, and January 1
- The after school program is in need of a few items
- gently used pants (sizes for age 4 to grade 4) *please no clothing with holes
- craft items: glue sticks, glue bottles, scissors, etc.
If you have any questions always feel free to call or email us.
The new school year is here. We have been busy getting back into school routine here at the Youth Club.
- Our hours at the club during the school year change to 2:30-6 pm.
- Bus rules are very important. If your child is riding the bus to the youth club, please discuss standard rules like indoor voices, sitting down,and no feet in aisle. We enjoy using the busing services and we can show appreciation by following the rules.
- If you are changing your child’s after school plan, you must call the school before 2:30 pm and you must call the club. If your child doesn’t have any after school plan, they will be sent the youth club.
- Homework is mandatory at the youth club. We spend 20 minutes a day either doing paper homework assigned by the school or reading.
- Fall Sports registration is now closed. We can no longer accept any new players. Check below for next sport.
- We will be open October 9th for the full day program. This is an in-service day at the schools. Please call or come in and sign up.
With the new school year here and many new faces at the club and in sports we wanted to inform you on some programs we offer throughout the school year.
The After School Program
We love to offer a safe place for each child to come after school. They get bused from the school to us. They get served a nutritious snack and get help with homework. We have a variety of crafts and activities planned throughout the month. For more information check out the After School Page. If you are interested in joining fill it out a registration form. If you want more information or have questions don’t hesitate to call us during our after school hours. 2:30-6 pm.
Non-School Day Program
We all love those in-service and grading days the school has, so why not bring them to the youth club. We offer a full day program for a flat rate of $20 per kid. There is a sibling discount available. We plan out activities and have breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack. Stop by or call the club to sign up. We are closed Thanksgiving Day, December 24-25 and January 1st.
Fall Sports are in session and we are happy to see everyone having fun. We have officially closed registration for current Fall Sports. The next sport is Late Fall Basketball for Grades 1-4th. Early registration opens up September 21st- 25th and the final day to sign up without a late fee is October 16th. For grades 5th through 6th basketball signups start November 30th.
We have multiple schedules to keep track of for the summer program activities. We had to adjust our schedule when it was necessary. We knew this would happen, so we are trying to keep everyone informed on changes as they come up. The activity (Stepping Stones)which has been planned for Friday 7th has been moved to Friday August 14th. We hope you understand and cannot wait to see you there for this fun activity next Friday.